Definitions and interpretation
Collectively all information that you submit to PetFoodReviewer.com via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998 and the European Union’s 2018 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR);
A small text file may be placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
PetFoodReviewer.com, we or us
UK and EU Cookie Law
The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011 and the European Union’s 2018 General Data Protection Regulation;
User or you
Any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by PetFoodReviewer.com and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to PetFoodReviewer.com and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
The website that you are currently using, PetFoodReviewer.com, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
- We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- Contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers
- Log files, which include user information such as Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the website, track user’s movement around the site and gather broad demographic information;
Our use of Data
- For purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR, PetFoodReviewer.com acts as the “data controller”.
- We will retain any Data you submit for as long as PetFoodReviewer.com deems it necessary to provide adequate service to the User, unless explicitly asked by a User for their Data to be deleted.
- Unless it is specifically stated otherwise, your Data can be disclosed to third parties for the sake of administering better service to the User and also for marketing purposes through various affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
- All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation. For more details on these two security regulations see the clause below (Security).
- Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- improvement of our products / services;
- transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
- transmission to 3rd parties in order for them to market relevant promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
- The ability to make automated decision making, including profiling, only for the purpose of offering a better and more personalized experience for the User or marketing to new users based on information from the users of PetFoodReviewer.com in aggregate;
Third party websites and services
- PetFoodReviewer.com may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website and may be located in various locations throughout the world.
- Additionally, Data can be transmitted to 3rd parties for relevant marketing purposes at the sole discretion of those employed by PetFoodReviewer.com.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
- We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
- In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Controlling use of your Data
- Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
- use of Data for direct or indirect marketing purposes; and
- You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by PetFoodReviewer.com
- You have the right to withdraw consent necessary to use the services provided by PetFoodReviewer.com at any time.
- You have the right for your data to be deleted from the servers and databases of PetFoodReviewer.com
Functionality of the Website
- To use all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required to submit certain Data.
- A User may revoke consent at any time.
- Data security is of great importance to PetFoodReviewer.com, and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
- If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
- We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not always perfectly secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
- All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
- Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling PetFoodReviewer.com to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
- This Website may place the following Cookies:
|Type of Cookie
|Strictly necessary cookies
|These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
- It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- For any questions or concerns relating to the use of your User Data while using PetFoodReviewer.com, you are welcome to contact the PetFoodReviewer.com’s chosen Data Protection Officer who can be reached by using our contact form which can be found at https://petfoodreviewer.com/contact/.
- Every user of PetFoodReviewer.com has a variety of rights relating to the use of their data while using PetFoodReviewer.com, including the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising (Ver 1.1)
The Website works with Mediavine to manage third-party interest-based advertising appearing on the Website. Mediavine serves content and advertisements when you visit the Website, which may use first and third-party cookies. A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the Website.
First party cookies are created by the website that you are visiting. A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioral advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tags”) may be placed on the Website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Each internet browser has functionality so that you can block both first and third-party cookies and clear your browser’s cache. The “help” feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, how to disable existing cookies and how to clear your browser’s cache. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at All About Cookies.
Without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Site. In the event you opt-out, you will still see non-personalized advertisements on the Website.
The Website collects the following data using a cookie when serving personalized ads:
- IP Address
- Operating System type
- Operating System version
- Device Type
- Language of the website
- Web browser type
- Email (in hashed form)
Mediavine Partners (companies listed below with whom Mediavine shares data) may also use this data to link to other end user information the partner has independently collected to deliver targeted advertisements. Mediavine Partners may also separately collect data about end users from other sources, such as advertising IDs or pixels, and link that data to data collected from Mediavine publishers in order to provide interest-based advertising across your online experience, including devices, browsers and apps. This data includes usage data, cookie information, device information, information about interactions between users and advertisements and websites, geolocation data, traffic data, and information about a visitor’s referral source to a particular website. Mediavine Partners may also create unique IDs to create audience segments, which are used to provide targeted advertising.
If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices to opt-in or opt-out of this data collection, please visit National Advertising Initiative opt out page. You may also visit Digital Advertising Alliance website and Network Advertising Initiative website to learn more information about interest-based advertising. You may download the AppChoices app at Digital Advertising Alliance’s AppChoices app to opt out in connection with mobile apps, or use the platform controls on your mobile device to opt out.
For specific information about Mediavine Partners, the data each collects and their data collection and privacy policies, please visit Mediavine Partners.